[bookshare-discuss] Re: Thinking of two books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

Wow! Maybe your teachers wrote the books.

I did find some info, but although I googled several
combinations of words and looked at recommended
seventh-grade reading lists, the only vampire books I
found had the kids being or becoming vampires; I found
no scifi fitting your summary; and no story involving
a boy winning a butler.

I did find the following which might be helpful:

Eddie's Menagerie (spelled m e n a g e r I e) is
indeed by Carolyn Haywood (Haywood is spelled with an
a, not an e as someone wrote here) and Ingrid Fetz.

The Rebel Witch is the title of a book by Jack Lovejoy
and Judith Gwyn Brown, published in 1978.

It sounds like the Game book might be Orson Card's
Ender's Game, or one of the books in the series, but
the description of Ender's Game book one on Amazon
doesn't sound like what you're describing. I looked up
some seventh & eighth recommended reading lists and
didn't find anything that fit your synopsis.