[bookshare-discuss] Re: Lists by Category

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:52:50 -0400

Actually when I go the library I use the handy dandy librarian who can read
the Dewy numbers and get the books for me.  I used to be able to see enough
to go browsing on my own, but that option is sigh, gone now, as they moved
stuff around, adding new books, which is a good thing, but also I can't read
print like I used to.

Our catalog isn't online now.  Though I discovered last night and am very
excited about it, the "Interlibrary Loan" catalog, is accessible.  Smile.
So will be asking for titles tomorrow, heheeeeh.  smile.

We may be a rinky dinky library here in Corry but we get the job done.

I look at Bookshare as a resource.  A place that I hope some day someone
could do some research on or find books they need or want to read.  That is
why I have been concentrating on classic authors that are out of print, or
nonfiction titles.  As I know for me, finding and scanning those books for
research are an absolute pain in the neck!  And if there might be a book on
Bookshare that might help my research I am going to grab it.

That is my goal.  So I scan on.  170 and counting folks!

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe