[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fave Books?

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:56:50 -0500

Hi Rick and all,
The Star Trek series are numbered, but it mostly doesn't matter too much. Of
the books I recommended it would be good to read "Yesterday's son" before
"Time for Yesterday" As the titles suggest they involve time travel, sort
of. <grin> Also I think "Vulcan's Forge" comes before "Vulcan's heart" All
of these books, as well as Crispin's novel Sarek which is my all-time
favorite Trek novel, are about Spock, his family, and/or Vulcans in general.
And while I'm thinking of Trek novels I also recommend "Federation" which is
sort of the history of the Federation and the warp engine. Also "The
Eugenics Wars" which give the history of Khan of Star Trek II: The Wrath of
Khan fame. There are two books in that set, and I think only the first is on
Bookshare. The main characters, besides Khan, are the mysterious Gary 7 and
his gutsy sidekick Roberta. Believe it or not, these books do a good job of
melding the Khan story into our true timestream...
Ok enough! <lol>
I know I know, I've spent waaaay too much time reading these things. <lol>
It's pretty bad when you feel like you know Spock better than half your
acquaintances in the real world. <hahaha>
Kellie