[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fave Books?

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:38:25 -0500

Well, for anyone who likes historical fiction, there is a book that will be
in the collection soon called "The Sand-Reckoner" by Gillian Bradshaw. It's
about the mathematician Archimedes, but don't worry, you don't have to like
math to enjoy it. <grin> Romance is an element of the story but not its
whole purpose.
I enjoy science fiction and my favorite SCI-Fi authors are Timothy Zahn and
Isaac Asimov. Btw, for anyone who likes puzzle mysteries, the kind that are
solved intellectually, you might like to read Asimov's mysteries,
particularly his Black Widowers series, which are very cerebral and a lot of
fun. I've also enjoyed reading Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. Btw, there's a
new book in that series, anyone feel like scanning it? For anyone who likes
Star Trek I highly recommend the Trek novels by A. C. Crispin, as well as
"Vulcan's forge" and "Vulcan's Heart" Incidentally, these are books that
focus on wonderfully well-developed characters and would be fun for
non-trekkies also. I believe all of the books I've mentioned are on
Bookshare.
Enjoy,
Kellie