[bookshare-discuss] Re: BRF Problems

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:55:25 -0600

Hi E.,

I downloaded a book twice in a row, with my settings set different ways for each download for the width of braille display, and it made no difference. Lines in the book were still cut off.

It isn't on every book that this is happening for me - most seem to be fine.

The one that consistently has cut-off lines I finally downloaded as a DAISY and translated the XML file into a text file. I could have left it an XML, but I prefer text.

Judy s.

E. wrote:
I have a 32 cell refreshable braillenote. the old bookshare site had no preferences for width of braille display. So I never checked to find out about setting a preference on the new site. I have been listed as the default setting of 40 cell. Does this mean I must re-download all the books I have downloaded from the new site to have my braille read correctly? Perhaps somebody could also consider re-doing the form on the preferences to alert braille users if this is a critical setting. I did not dig enough and so only found it now.
E.