[bookport] Re: something strange with the notetaker

  • From: "Louis Gosselin" <gosselin_louis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:45:21 -0500

The number sign and the pound sign have always been the same
character in all the years I've been typing, whether on
typewriters or on computers--the difference is whether the
symbol is placed immediately before the figures, number
sign, or whether it were placed after the figures, the pound
sign.  The British monitary symbol may well be different,
though, and I don't know what that is without looking at an
ASCII table.  Is that what was being referred to?

Louis Gosselin