[bookport] Re: operating system

  • From: "Kevin Jones" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:22:43 -0600

The other bonus to grade 1 braille only is you can throw the file on a pc
and immediately access it there also.
I also love the idea of a dictionary, there was a copy of the American
Heritage Dictionary used by some back in the early 90s. It was about 12mb
and although not the definitive dictionary did provide nice definitions, I
still have it on my hd. It may be possible to put it on a card say in a dic
folder the files could be specifically named say ahd-a.txt ahd-b.txt and
then some code could be added to access it.
I'd already kind of thought of adding it and just using the search feature
for looking up words, let's see what Rob thinks.