[bookport] Re: operating system

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:18:46 +1300

Hi Megan and list:

Like you, I like contracted Braille. But I have been surprised by how easily I've adapted to using computer Braille in my book port notes. Remember contracted Braille was designed as a space saving measure. One particular unfortunate result of it has been less literate blind people because they spent so much time agonising over contractions that they can't spell beyond elementary school level. In the book port context, the amount of space it would save would not be significant. This is only my opinion.

Cheers,
Dave