[bookport] Re: operating system

  • From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:43:00 -0600

Just to expound on what Walt said, the Book Port is not a PDA of any kind.  It
wasn't designed to do many of the things your BrailleNote does, for instance.
It was really only designed to be a book reader, and APH has done an excellent
job of expanding that functionality to include an MP3 player, a memo recorder,
and a notetaker.  Since all the BP can handle is plain text--the results of the
transfer tool always render plain text, even from grade 2 Braille files--I
doubt there will be a method of notetaking using grade 2 Braille, but you never
know.  If you're tired of the limited functionality the BookPort has, just wait
around awhile, it's always being improved.