[bookport] Re: operating system

  • From: Megan Kelly <mek55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:12:36 -0500

I like the idea of being able to type in grade 2.

Megan

At 11:04 AM 11/10/2005, you wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of operating system the bookport uses? Is it windows ce 4.20 or some kind of DOS? Also, I would like to see a feature where I could make grade 2 braille files in the notetaker. Would it also be possible to emboss and print from the bookport via usb, like if you wanted to print your notes? They sell usb to parallel converters so the bookport could be connected to an embosser. Or, is the bookport's hardware too limited for this feature? Also will the bookport ever be able to run bns programs like the braille 'n speaks can?

Josh