[bookport] Re: new member

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:15:46 -0500

Mary -

Nice to see you here. Yes, the headphone jack can be used to connect to
virtually anything. I have one of those dummy cassette thingies that you can
insert into a car stereo cassette player and it even works perfectly using
that. You'll love your BP.

One thing--the stereo channels are reversed on the BP so that when listening
to MP3 or other full stereo files, left is right and vice-versa. You should
be able to have a short cable made up for you by any competent electronics
service shop that will correct this problem. Get a stereo mini jack on one
end of the cable and a standard stereo mini plug on the other; then, plug
this cable into the BP and connect your headphones or speakers to the cable.