[bookport] Re: new bookport power

  • From: "Bruce Toews" <ketchupboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:36:12 -0700

I apologize to Pamela and APH for posting this on the Book Port list,
but because the below message contains several misconceptions, I thought
they should be cleared up here. First, the replacement battery for the
Stream is $30. Second, the idea that batteries lost their charging
ability due to not running them down was based on Nicad batteries. The
type of battery the Stream uses does not have this limitation. It is the
same type of battery used in cellphones. In fact, you are cautioned
*not* to completely drain the battery, and the Stream includes circuitry
to prevent this from happening. I'll not say more about this on-list.

bruce

--
  Bruce Toews
  dogriver@xxxxxxxx