[bookport] Re: Files landing in the middle of folder

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:24:03 -0400

Marvin -

Sorry to be so late in responding, but this most definitely is normal
behavior. A CF card is no different from a hard disk in terms of the file
structure and the operating system (or, in this case, the transfer program)
will place a file wherever it finds the first block of space large enough to
accept it. The only way to force files to be placed at the end of a folder
is to defrag the card just as you would defrag a hard drive. Personally, I
don't think it's worth the trouble and possible risk of loss.

  _____