[bookport] Re: having a bit of a problem

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 04:44:35 -0600

It sounds like you have too many books in the root directory.
At 07:19 PM 2/7/2008 -0600, you wrote:
Hi, all

Well, heres my problem. I was reading a book a while back and the volume kind of went softer, this is a text file, btw. So I hit stop, (number 2), and nothing happens. I hit 2+b, and so I got fs card fail. I went to play the file again, or make doubletalk speak again I mean, but it said there were no files. What I did then was removed the batteries, put them back in. it worked just beautifully, I reset my settings, went back to my reading, (of course it left off at the place at which I'd started reading to begin with), so I moved to where it gave me issues, started reading again. so we get to about 10 more minutes into it, and I hear buffer overflow, moving on. Buffer overflow, moving on. What exactly does this mean? What should I do? I don't want to have to format the flash card because i have books on it that I don't have on my laptop anymore, mainly due to a reformat of the hard drive. Can I somehow back these up, anyway? This has been doing it off and on. I'm not sure what I did, but it worked fine for a while, but its recently started again, and its somewhat frustrating. I've been using my ipod to read audiobooks, but this just goes to show how great the bookport is, I can't live without it. If I can back up files, which extention should I look for? (each file has these underline, for example, underline db or some such. Can I just delete the underline from a certain file so I can retransfer it? Or is there another way to fix this issue? I'm sort of hard put to transfer those html books back to the unit, I find it tedius to go into internet explorer for each file, hit applications, and send to book port. I know it can be done from book port transfer, but for some reason some html files look, well, very wierd on the unit, I get the <p> and </P> taggs, which, well, I can't read with those, heh, I can't concentrate on the book. Sending from internet explorer seemed to fix this issue. I'm not saying its annoying, it just involves a bit more concentration and time, which I guess I have, that is, if I can back up this here flash card at all (that's about hmmm, I can't even count, about 400 mb of text files), no idea how many files, perhaps 1000? 2000? quite a few, anyway...why do I even have so many when you can only read one book at a time? no idea! guess they just built up over the years...<grin>.

thanks,
 Have a good day from Tyler C. Wood!

contact details:

email: <mailto:tcwood12@xxxxxxx>tcwood12@xxxxxxx
msn: <mailto:the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx>the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Tourin 64 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM HDD

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.