[bookport] Re: having a bit of a problem

  • From: "constantine (on laptop)" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:53:29 -0600

Ok, so when I've finished copying the files back to bp when its formatted, are you saying bp will recognize the files again?

ty

Have a good day from Tyler C. Wood!

contact details:

email: tcwood12@xxxxxxx
msn: the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Tourin 64 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM HDD
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
From: "constantine (on laptop)" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:42:44 -0600

Will that work? I mean, have you tried it- does the bookport read
the files
ok and everything?

I'd hate to have to do this all manually, because, well, that
would take
days with the number of books I have on this unit.

thanks

From: "constantine (on laptop)" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:19:38 -0600
Subject: [bookport] having a bit of a problem

Hi, all

Well, heres my problem.  I was reading a book a while back and
the volume kind of went softer, this is a text file, btw.  So I
hit stop,
(number 2), and nothing happens.  I hit 2+b, and so I got fs
card fail.  I
went to play the file again, or make doubletalk speak again I
mean, but it
said there were no files.  What I did then was removed the
batteries, put
them back in.  it worked just beautifully, I reset my settings,
went back
to my reading, (of course it left off at the place at which I'd
started
reading to begin with), so I moved to where it gave me issues,
started
reading again.  so we get to about 10 more minutes into it, and
I hear
buffer overflow, moving on.  Buffer overflow, moving on.  What
exactly
does this mean? What should I do? I don't want to have to format
the flash
card because i have books on it that I don't have on my laptop
anymore,
mainly due to a reformat of the hard drive.  Can I somehow back
these up,
anyway? This has been doing it off and on.  I'm not sure what I
did, but
it worked fine for a while, but its recently started again, and
its
somewhat frustrating.  I've been using my ipod to read
audiobooks, but
this just goes to show how great the bookport is, I can't live
without it.
If I can back up files, which extention should I look for? (each
file has
these underline, for example, underline db or some such.  Can I
just
delete the underline from a certain file so I can retransfer it?
Or is
there another way to fix this issue? I'm sort of hard put to
transfer
those html books back to the unit, I find it tedius to go into
internet
explorer for each file, hit applications, and send to book port.
I know
it can be done from book port transfer, but for some reason some
html
files look, well, very wierd on the unit, I get the <p> and </P>
taggs,
which, well, I can't read with those, heh, I can't concentrate
on the
book.  Sending from internet explorer seemed to fix this issue.
I'm not
saying its annoying, it just involves a bit more concentration
and time,
which I guess I have, that is, if I can back up this here flash
card at
all (that's about hmmm, I can't even count, about 400 mb of text
files),
no idea how many files, perhaps 1000? 2000? quite a few,
anyway...why do I
even have so many when you can only read one book at a time? no
idea!
guess they just built up over the years...<grin>.

thanks,
Have a good day from Tyler C.  Wood!

contact details:

email: tcwood12@xxxxxxx
msn: the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Tourin 64 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM
HDD

269.19.21/1265 - Release Date: 07/02/2008 11:17 AM