[bookport] general questions

  • From: "Richard Fiorello" <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:28:11 -0500

Hi folks;
I confess I haven't begun to keep up with the volume of info on this list.
Is there any one good place that lists lots of sources to download free
stuff, books, magazines music etc?

Secondly, I was trying to fiddle with my sons  ipod and make some bookport
comparisons.  Unfortunately buttons probably make the unit larger but there
some things we do have we really would prefer not be updated.  User
changeable batteries are a big plus.  I do like the idea that units can both
be operated and charged from a usb connection.  This is something that
future updates might look at.  Secondly there is something to be said for a
removable card.  When I was card shopping a year or two ago, one gig was
about the max.  I think these cards are up to four or five gigs so how do
these little ipods manage 30 gigs?

Finally, a small al ready loaded card with the bible would be nice.  I
currently have a road runner talking bible which does the job but I end up
with two boxes.  The road runner is nice because you can easily move from
chapter to verse to book.  Something similar should be possible with
bookport.  The material could be downloaded but the format would be a
problem.

Finally,  can I simply load a standard audio cd with wav files to the
bookport?
Rich