[bookport] Re: general questions

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:54:43 -0500

HI;
The recent discussion leaves me with a few questions.  First of all newer
isn't necessarily better so if your current bp does what you want smile and
enjoy.
Secondly, I never totally understood why the bp couldn't be modified to
accommodate nls.

NLS requires some things in the hardware that are not in the hardware, therefore, APH would have to make a book port 3 to get NLS into the hardware, if it doesn't come with BP2.

From my point of view nls is the primary issue with the
existing bp.  I realize that aph has done everything they think they can to
the existing firmware but as long as the firmware can be modified I'm a bit
surprised that some innovative solution isn't out there.

As Pamela said earlier, firmware is filled. There is not any more room to add any more features in the firmware. This is the reason that only the software can be updated.

Finally, if Springer made both the physical bp and the book courier, why do
the two units look different physically?

They look different because APH requested that the BP should look like it does. Springer designed the Book Port like APH wanted it, as far as I know from all of my podcasts <grin>.

Richard

Chase Crispin
http://www.blindmobiletech.blogspot.com/
http://blindmobiletechpodcast.wordpress.com/
http://www.blindmobiletech.net/
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Fiorello" <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The recent discussion leaves me with a few questions.  First of all newer
isn't necessarily better so if your current bp does what you want smile and
enjoy.
Secondly, I never totally understood why the bp couldn't be modified to
accommodate nls.  From my point of view nls is the primary issue with the