[bookport] caution about using the alarm

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:39:43 -0500

To see what would happen I set the alarm for file and external beep. While I was listening to an mp3 file the alarm went off, I heard the tones and the only key that worked was the 2 key for pausing or reading, all others gave the touch tone. The only cure was a reset. I think I'll pass on the alarm. I'm wondering how practical it is. If it should go off while you were away from the unit you might come back to a dead battery depending on how long the alarm sounded. If you knew you were going to be using the unit I suppose it could be used to remind you of something.