[bookport] Re: Have to run scan disk a lot

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:18:25 -0500

Marvin:

In addition to the suggestion for keeping your batteries at a higher
rate, you might also want to change the Default Folder in Book Port
Transfer. Doing this, will allow everything you send go into a different
folder, other than the root directory of the card, which will cut down
on the need to have to reformat the card or run check disk so much. If
you do this, any folders you create in Book Port Transfer will be under
the new Default folder. You can change this by going into BP Transfer,
Options, Advanced, and tab down to Default Book Port Folder.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mjslipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/18/06 03:00PM >>>
Hello folks.  First I have a book port that is approximately four
months old.  I am using a 1 gb flash card and my operating system is
windows me.  After I send a few files to the unit or record a memo, I am
taken back to the beginning of the present file that I am reading.  All
my bookmarks also are cleared.  Then I have to run scan disk and the
book port works fine.  The thing is this happens quite often and as a
consequence, I have to run scan disk frequently.  I was wondering if
anyone out there had any advice on how I night cut down on the amount of
errors that come up.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Marvin Kotler