[bookport] Re: caution about using the alarm

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <granthardy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:44:49 -0800

Ok, here are my tips. These are no official instructions - this is mearly how I believe the alarm is supposed to work.
Press 0 for a second and you'll enter a menu. Use the 2 and 8 keys to move up and down these and 4 and 6 to change values, just like in the settings menu. The settings include recurrence, alarm date/time and whether to sound an internal or external beeper. Once you're done, press 5 to accept your changes.
You can have multiple alarms. To modify a particular alarm, while in reading mode use a+b and b+c to move back and forth between alarms. When you're on the one you want press/hold 0 to enter the alarm menu for that alarm. When pointing to "new alarm" this will act as a blank alarm.

Not bad thinking for a supposedly nonexistent feature, don't you think? <smile>
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>