[bookport] Re: broken bp transfer

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:34:09 -0400

Simon:

In addition to the files located in the Program Files folder, there are some
additional files that must be copied.  My hunch is that when you copied the
files from one drive to the other, perhaps you didn't copy the extra files.
Check the folders in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\aph\

Look for the folders for both Book Port Transfer and Book Wizard Reader.  If
copying doesn't work, then try deleting them and reinstalling the Book Port
Transfer software.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> SimonJaeger@xxxxxxx 06/30/07 11:10PM >>>
hello,

I have written to the blind tech list regarding this and am hoping one of these
list can assist me with this problem.

Recently I got all my data transfered from one hard drive to another. They are
both Toshiba 5400rpm notebook hard drives, but the one that failed was a 60gb
hd and this one is an 80. The problem is, when I try to run any APH apps, I get
an error reporting dialog. The programs don't even run, they just open, crash,
and close. there isn't even a main window.

I thought that since bp transfer is, after all, an APH app, and there is a
technical support person on ehre, that I may be able to receive help from this
list. I am using windows XP home edition, and I believe it has sp2, I am not
entirely sure. The computer was bought about a year and a half ago.

Please let me know if you have any idea what could be causing this problem.
Reinstalling does not help either, I have tried that already.

Simon