[bookport] Re: braille input for search string?

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 13:49:37 -0500

You need to sign up as a beta tester which I believe is done at:

http://www.aph.org/betas/

I must stress, however that people who have installed the latest beta
firmware are going through batteries at an incredible rate.  For some
reason, they continue to drain even when the unit is supposed to be in idle
mode.  If I were you, I'd wait until this problem is ironed out.  For some
reason, I hesitated to install the latest beta and now I'm glad I did.
Perhaps others on the list who have had experience with it can give you more
info.  At any rate, I'm sure APH will have it fixed soon.  Lou