[bookport] Re: braille input for search string?

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:29:32 -0500

Kaari:

If all of your keys work, and you have firmware 1.2.0, it should (must)
work. Try locking the unit and pressing all keys to be sure you get a
beep for all 18 keys. If all keys work, and they perform their normal
functions when unlocked, I can't imagine why the command to enter a
Braille find string wouldn't work.

Rob Meredith

>>> kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/01/05 01:56PM >>>
Nice to hear someone else has trouble with this. Mine won't go into
braille
mode at all. I'm not running any beta software, either, but I do have
the
latest regular firmware.  I've tried rotating the BP both directions,
pressing keys all together, one at a time, anything, but it stays
silent and
refuses to even enter braille mode.
    Can anything fix this? Will the next firmware upgrade take care of
it?
Or do I need to have this working before I go to the next update?
Would
adding some of the betas take care of it?

Thanks lots
Kaari