[bookport] braille input for search string?

  • From: "Steve" <srobertson4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:07:41 -0600

HI listers.

I'll try to make this as clear as I can.  It seems my Bookport isn't
working with the find text feature.  Please note, am not running the
beta verssions.  I went to the book port manual, pressed and held key 1
to go to the top of the file.  Rotated the book port 90 degrees with
the flash card facing toward me.  I pressed left spacebar and dots 1 2
4 or the leter "f" and wrote the search term "braille"  without the
quotes and hit the enter key which I understood to be the far right key
in the middle row.  Book Port said "exiting braille mode"  and I
expected to be moved to the first instance of the word "braille" in the
manual.  Instead I remained at the top or beginning of the file.
Again, I tried the same steps using the word "agree" as my search
string and still nothing happened.  I'm sure I'm either not
understanding this feature well or am missing something that is
glaringly obvious, stupid though it may be, <grin>, can someone tell me
what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Steve

srobertson4@xxxxxxxxx