[bookport] Re: bookport suggestion

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:21:09 -0600 (CST)

Man, I'm sorry I resubscribed. We're having the exact same argument we've been having for months: someone makes a suggestion, a select few go into panic mode.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Walt Smith wrote:

The more functionality, the more complexity. The more complexity, the higher
the risk of error and failure. Anyone who knows anything about technology
should understand this fundamental fact. How many people have you ever heard
speak favorably of combined printer/copier/scanner/fax devices? There's an
excellent reason that people don't tend to favor them and that reason is
that when one function fails, the entire unit is almost always rendered
useless.