[bookport] Re: bookport suggestion

  • From: DanFlasar@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:40:13 EST

This is getting into the realm of personal  preferences.  I fully understand
the wish to have an 'anything' box.   Actually, we already have them - they're
called computers - and some of them  have gotten quite small.  PDAs,
Blackberries, cel phones - these devices  are all blurring the formerly sharp
edges
boundaries of technology as they take  over functions that were once confined
other devices.   There are  PDA celphones that include calculators, can read
email and on and on.
     But my bookport is complicated enough for  me.  I would prefer to
maintain its boundaries tightly coiled around the  act of reading and adding
notes
related to my reading.  Of course it would  be good to know when my notes were
made so th at adds a calendar and you might  as well add an alarm and a
calculator doesn't add *that much* to the firmware...  but...

     I confess that though I'm a gadget guy, I don't  really like kitchen
sinking things.  I will never use more than 5% of  MS Words capabilities, the
same with Excel.   I don't need all that  extra stuff, but understand that it
wou
ld be a lot of work to make customized  versions of all this software.   But
just having it all there makes it  more complicated, increases the learning
curve.
     That's me.  I also know plenty of gearheads  who love swiss-army-knife
gizmos and can figure it all out in a  twinkling.   They are one with their
machines and I stand in awe  before them - before I get distracted by something
equally as awesome - like my  Bookport!
      So, what the heck, blue sky away,  y'all!   Creativity will out and
besides, it's fun to dream about  where the Bookport could take us to next.
      Hey  - how about putting an  electric razor on the bottom end of the BP?

Dan