[bookport] Re: bookport skipping

  • From: "KEITH CREASY" <KCREASY@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:59:53 -0500

This does sound like a strange one. Can you get me the title of the book?

If the audio is there it shouldn't be skipping it since the clips of the book
are combined into one continuous audio file for the Bookport. It almost sounds
like a hardware/keypad problem. The only difference between a book transfered
to the bookport and a long MP3 file transfered to the Bookport is that there is
an index file that is used for navigation in the books that doesn't exist for
plain MP3 files.

Regards,
Keith

>>> davidn8109@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/09/07 12:46PM >>>
A friend of mine recently got a Bookport, which has been exhibiting a
seemingly bizarre behavior. While playing a daisy book she got from
rfb&d her bookport occasionally (every few seconds or couple of
minutes at the most) skips forward or backward in the file. She can
skipped over fine, but then at some point it skips again. It appears
to be totally random when it does this. And it only seems to do this
on daisy files.

My first thought was that maybe the transfer went screwy in some way,
so I deleted the book and re-transfered the book in the transfer
software (I selected the ncc.html file and hit send). Unfortunately
that didn't clear up the problem. And I'm not sure how much material
is skipped over when it does this, but I don't think it's much,
perhaps just a few lines.

I don't know if the problem lies in the transferring part or the
reading part. Or something completely different. If you know of a
setting on the Bookport, please let me know of it.

Oh, I put each book in its own folder, so it's not that there are too
many files on the root, or any folder for that matter.

Please help!

dave