[bookport] Re: book port speach

  • From: Simon Jaeger <simonjaeger@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:07:36 -0700

if you have k1000 version 10+ I suggest using that as the transfer software converts to wave with is not very ideal for a flash card. The k1000 can convert to daisy books using compressed mp3 at eigher high quality, taking up more space, or low quality, taking up very little space. It all depends whether you want good quality or not. ALso, I'm not sure whether the transfer software can use ETI eloquence, but I am positive that k1000 can. ETI eloquence is basically the same as the jaws eloquence. So unless it's just a small audio file, it would honestly be a better idea to use k1000. If it's just a small file though, less than, say, 32kb, then the transfer software should be ok. Otherwise th ewave file would get rather large.

HTH

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>