[bookport] Re: book port speach

  • From: Alex Parks <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:46:36 -0400

I have no set opinion on this, but I think the problem is that anyone who buys a BP now is not told that they have the option of waiting for a new one. I almost never go off like this, but I want everyone to keep something in mind: as we go back and forth over this issue, I am about to leave on a missions trip for a tiny village in Honduras where electricity is a luxury, running water and plumbing are dreams, and an old oil container of some sort serves as the kids' playground. There is a blind woman there to whom my sister gave her cane when we were there last, replacing the woman's cane which looked like it was many, many years old. Electronics are a distant dream and the only way these people can get good medical attention is by coming to the clinic we set up while we are there. As I said, I usually stay out of things like this, but I thought I would put things into a bit more of a perspective; you can argue all you want about APH's policies, but remember how fortunate we all are to even have an APH to argue about, let alone the electronic means to do so. If any of you are religious, I ask that you pray for the 70 people in my church, as well as the 40 we are meeting for the trip; that it goes safely for all involved and that we meet our goals in the time provided. Thank you for any support.

Have a great day,
Alex