[bookport] Re: book port apparently not working

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:24:56 -0500

Hi Scott:

Try leaving the batteries and the flash cards out for 24 hours.  Then, try
again.  also, check the battery contacts to see if they can be straightened.
If you are in the habit of putting the knub end of the battery in first, this
puts pressure on the contacts and causes them to become bent over time.

If none of this works and you have to send it in for repair, there would be a 1
year warranty.  Since you did not purchase it, you'll need to get the agency
that provided it for you to provide you with a receipt or some kind of a paper
that shows the date they gave it to you.  That way, the warranty will start on
that date, rather than the date you actually purchased it on.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> spaulding.scott@xxxxxxxxx 10/31/07 09:13PM >>>
My Book Port has apparently quit working. I thought the batteries might be
dead, so I changed them, but I still don't hear anything. I've had it less
than a year, so I believe it is under warranty, but it was purchased for me
by the Ky. Office for the Blind. So, my question is, is there anything I can
do to get it working, or does it sound like it needs to be sent in? If it
does need to be sent in, what is the procedure, since I did not purchase the
unit myself?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:06 AM