[bookport] Re: against a proprietary battery pack

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:10:44 -0500

Whatever you'd gain in thinness would be more than made up for by inconvenience
of having a proprietary built in inflexible system. The bp isn't all that thick
now. Flexibility beats a reduction in thickness imho. Smaller
isn't necessarily better; and what happens when the built in proprietary
battery dies? Send it back for a costly fix? No thanks. The nice thing about
these units as they are now is that its really easy to swap batteries,
and we already have the ability to use nimh if we so choose.
Mary
mary