[bookport] Re: against a proprietary battery pack

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 21:33:21 -0400

Well, I finally dropped below 100 per cent today and for a stupid reason,
too.  Normally, I lock the unit even if I'm only pausing the reading for a
few seconds.  I got into this habit back in the days when it was much easier
to accidentally record a memo.  Anyway I guess I forgot to do it  and
shortly thereafter, thinking the BP was locked, I stuffed it into my pocket.
Some time later, I took it out only to realize it was playing the help file
which was all the way into the sources of material section.  So, I have no
idea how long it ran unnoticed but the battery indicator said 97 per cent.
Of course, it's gone back to 100 since then but it drops below 100 if I read
for any length of time.  Still, if they hold oout for another week or so it
will be 2 months since I installed them and that's twice as long as regular
alkalines.  I should also mention that I don't listen to much audio on the
unit but I do have the first episode of Blind Justice on the card waiting
for time to listen to it.  Lou