[bookport] Re: a feature request

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:59:55 -0600

Something I thought of here.  When you are attempting to correct
pronunciation, one issue you might run up against is the ability to test
the results of your phonetic spelling.  Using the transfer software,
there is no good way to do that.  Accordingly, it is altogether possible
that you could come up with what you thought would sound correct on the
Bookport, only to find that it does not. For example, the major screen
readers do in fact provide a pronunciation dictionary, however before
you have to accept any modification you might have made, you can test
the results.