[bookport] a feature request

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:23:47 -0000

Hi.
I am really getting to know my book port and am simply amazed at how much it
can do.  I have just been playing with the Book Port Spider which is priceless
as I often listen to news on the bbcnews.com website.

Anyway, a particular feature I would like in the transfer tool is a transfer CD
option.  This option would work when an audio CD was put in to the CD Rom
drive.  It would ask you what range of tracks you would like to copy on to the
flash card similar to the daisy option.  It would then encode them in MP3
format in a negligible bit rate such as 128, 164 or 192 and transfer the CD in
to a music folder on the BookPort with the artist and album name as the folder
name and the individual track names along with their numbers.

I would like this feature as I am an avid fan of music and would like a simple
and effective way of transferring my music without messing with freeware,
proprietary or other software titles.

Just a suggestion, any opinions warmly welcome.

Warmest, Ibrahim