[bookport] Re: a feature request

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:08:24 -0500

I fully agree with you, Clarence. In the relatively short period I've been
on this list, I've seen any number of user-requested features added to the
Book Port. What we do *not* want is for the Book Port to lose its essential
identity as a reading tool and this is what James apparently wants. We can
have a scalpel or we can have a Swiss Army knife and most of us prefer the
former--a reading machine that does what it does with a maximum of power and
flexibility and a minimum of resources used to make the BP something it
should not be. It's truly unfortunate that some people seem to feel that
simply because they ask for something, they should automatically get it or,
at a minimum, have their stated desires unreservedly approved by one and
all.