[bookport] Re: Unlocking RFB&D Books

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:22:50 -0500

Diane:

I understand your beef, but the problem here is that you need to know
that information.  True, there is one PIN number specific to Book
Wizard, but we don't want to publish that information, for obvious
reasons.  The User Name would refer to the user info supplied to RFB&D.
I've been told that the information is supplied in braille or written on
the CD.  Once you know the information, it is not difficult to do.
Incidentally, there is a demonstration of how to enter the information
on the Blind Cool Tech web site, for those of you who feel you need a
demonstration on how to do this.  Of course, it won't give you the
information you need, but it'll show you how.  You're welcome to visit:

www.blindcooltech.com

Search the archives for Book Port RFB&D podcast demonstration.

I listened to it, so I could better assist customers on the phone and
found it helpful.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> dstsern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/23/07 02:06PM >>>
Why not someone broadcast information herein so everyone knows, and
not
all clog up RFB&D's phone lines? Isn't that the purpose of the
listserv?
Diane