[bookport] The Cost of Improvement

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:11:28 -0500 (CDT)

A lot of people are arguing that the cost of implementing the changes I suggested to the BP would double the price. I submit that this need not be so. The BP uses very old (by computer standards) technology. As people like to point out with the CF card issue, the price of that technology goes down. Furthermore, the future unavailability of this technology may drive the price up a lot faster than using newer, smaller, more efficient components with more memory would. Again, please, I'm not trashing the Book Port. Over the course of last weekend, I have become its biggest fan. I'm just the typ e of guy who sees something I like and says Hey, why can't we make it better? Same goes for services. I won't bother with products or services I don't like, what's the point?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx