[bookport] Re: Success & Another Question

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:42:26 -0500

The sound quality of your audio files greatly depends on the SAPI voice you are using. I use Doubletalk for speech. It takes some getting used to, but I have had my BP for over 3 years, and Perfect Paul and I have become fast friends. Converting your files to audio takes up a lot more space on your CF card, too.

At 08:27 PM 3/21/2008 -0400, you wrote:
[]

I was able to download a book from Bookshare today (in BRF) and convert it to audio. I think I am going to have to do a little experimenting with the speech. The quality of the speech didn't seem very clear. Is this a common problem when translating text to audio files?

I haven't been as successful with the daisy digital files on Bookshare. Could someone please tell me which format I need to select?

I really appreciate everyone's help. Although I have been referring to the User's Manual, I think part of the problem is, I'm just not familiar with some of the language and terms.

Best Wishes,

Lynda

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.