[bookport] Re: Success & Another Question

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:53:08 -0500

Hi Lynda:

In the case of the digital talkingbooks from Bookshare, you just need to
transfer the file that has the OPF extension, once the book has been unpacked.
Also, you don't need to set the transfer to the file type.  It is better to let
the software do that automatically, and it will, based on the file extension.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> lynda.ingraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/21/08 07:42PM >>>
Hi Chase,

Maybe a better way to explain where I am stuck is knowing which files can be
converted to which formats.  After reading the User's Guide and looking at
the list of formats in the Book Transport list, I still haven't a clue which
format and the steps involved to convert a daisy digital book to something I
can read on the Bookport.

Best,

Lynda