[bookport] Re: Question about conversion

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:07:28 -0400

You are correct.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> walt@xxxxxxxxxx 06/05/07 08:10PM >>>
Just bear in mind that if you convert an Overdrive protected (or any
other
protected) file into an open format, you've just broken the law. Until
I see
some expert (meaning from copyright law attorneys) opinions on the
recently
announced (and, as far as I know, still unimplemented) changes to the
copyright law, I'll stick with that. Personally, I don't think that
APH
wants us discussing how to violate the copyright laws on the list, but
I'll
let Pamela make that call once and for all.