[bookport] Moving files on and off of the BP

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:54:32 -0700

Hi folks,
This is a note particularly for the developers.
This morning I've been transfering large audio files on to my BP. It takes a
long time to compress audio, compress silence, index audio, and then send
the file.
But what if I need to make space on my card, and think I may need a book
again in a week or two? It would be nice, for frequently used books like
text books, not to have to go through the compression and indexing steps
each time I want a file on my BP.
I'm wondering whether it would be possible to put a feature in the transport
program to move books on to and off of the BP after they've been processed.
This might even be useful for text files after we've listened and marked up
a book. It would be good to be able to keep our marks, even if we need to
remove the book for a period of time.

Also, would there be any way to put marks in audio files?

Thanks!
Rusty

Skype: rustyperez
Yahoo and AIM: reliroo