[bookport] Re: Moving files on and off of the BP

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:07:59 -0700

Yes, I know that copying the files by hand would work, but how about DAISY
books? Aren't those comprised of bunches of little files? That would be a
pain.

I'm not a programmer, but it would seem a relatively simple matter for the
program to have a way to select a file or book you want to take off or put
on to the card.
"remove from bookport" "restore to bookport"
Maybe the concept of a bookshelf would work. The bookshelf contains books
which are ready for the bookport, then you can choose to load them on the
bookport or put them back on to the shelf from the bookport.

Maybe it would be as simple as drag and drop. Or just a hotkey.

This would be particularly useful for students and those of us who are
professionals with refference books, who are constantly juggling books. Yes,
juggling CF cards is more convenient than juggling books, but it would be a
useful feature I think.

Thanks!
Rusty

Skype: rustyperez