[bookport] More braille suggestions

  • From: "James Jolley" <james.jolley1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:41:36 +0100

Hi Folks,
Now that I finally figured out the braille input side of this, what do you
think of making braille input more effective?  First, what about the option of
entering braille for the time/date, say T chord to set time and date.  First,
prompt the user for the time in hour, minute, Am or PM, then hit braille enter,
then of course set the date in mm/dd/yy or for us UK users dd/mm/yy.

That brings up another idea.  What about the ability to parse dates so that
they speak in brittish or american formats.  so, when key 2 is pressed for one
beap, we could have it say 22nd of october, 2004 for UK and october 22nd, 2004
for the american markets.

What do you think?

Oh and another idea.  What about the option of setting a reminder, you know,
play a memo, or play such an mp3 at a specified time/date?

Best

-James-