[bookport] Re: Labeling and Storing Flash Cards for the Bookport

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:25:23 -0500

I wouldn't be nearly as concerned about possible damage to the card, itself
(after all, most of them already have an adhesive label attached to them at
the factory), but possible damage to the device in the event that the label
were to come off while the card is inserted. This is the identical reason
that I won't place Dymo labels on CDs, despite the fact that people do it
and get away with it all the time. As I've said in more philosophical
discussions, the mere fact that you _can_ do something; or have done it and
not had any repurcussions; is not, in itself, a valid reason for doing it.
<g>