[bookport] Re: Labeling and Storing Flash Cards for the Bookport

  • From: Delta <delta8@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 21:23:46 +1000

Hi Listers,

As it appears difficult or unwise to place any sort of tape on the flash card for labeling purposes, there is another way of doing it which is both simple and safe. Unfortunately it is not possible to add much information though.

If you have a card reader, insert the card and use properties to electronically label the card.

This would only allow you to say, give the card a name and size. e.g. kingston_4.

The name of the card will appear in My Computer when the BP is connected.

Another method of achieving a label on the card if you don't have access to a reader is to simply create a folder on the BP with a descriptive name. You then could transfer a text file containing information to that folder.

The short commings of both of these methods is that the card must be in the BP to obtain the card information.

My apologies if these ideas have already been suggested. Time does not permit me to read all messages unfortunately.

HTH
Tom

At 06:53 PM 04.03.2007, you wrote:
Hi Don and list!

A certain amount of controversy can be healthy, but I definitely agree anyone doing this should be cautious. I wouldn't attempt putting Dymo tape on the cards, but the primary reason is that even if there wasn't any great danger of doing that, how much information would you realistically have room to use anyway?

Cheers,
Dave