[bookport] Re: Labeling and Storing Flash Cards for the Bookport

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:08:41 -0500

I just located the user's manual for the ID Mate online and it states that
it uses a CompactFlash card that is specifically formatted for the ID Mate,
so the answer is that it uses the same kind of card (Type I CompactFlash) as
the Book Port. However, you apparently can't format new cards for the ID
Mate in a card reader that's attached to your computer. Most card readers
attach by way of a USB cable to one of the USB ports on your computer,
although there are a few somewhat more expensive versions that will actually
install into the front panel of a computer just like a floppy or CD drive.