[bookport] Re: Enhancements to Bookport Device

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:21:05 -0500

Walt, from what I have seen, the BookPort is able to process data at
reasonably high speeds, all of which suggests that dictionaries, in the form
of look-up tables, properly compiled, should pose no problems at all for the
device. The problem, eventually solvable, I think, is to provide users with
the ability to get dictionaries into binary form, something that will
require a lot more user utilities than now exist. I, too, am a little tired
of hearing mustake for mustash, drive for doctor and such.

All this said, I do think that the double talk firmware, resident on the
BookPort, does a fantastic job with English, it being a stress language from
a phonological standpoint. In short, while I would like some improved
pronunciation of certain words, there are higher priorities on my list.

Cheers,

Jerry