[bookport] Re: Battery drainage and Spanish

  • From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:23:52 -0500

I'm using build 22, and mine still gives that little pop after the unit =
shuts down with the double beep.

I have a very strange event to report, regarding build 22.  I put in =
fresh nonrechargeable batteries in my BookPort on Thursday night.  On =
Friday evening they had drained down to 60%.  I read some and listened =
to some music on Friday night, and, as per usual, went to sleep with the =
BookPort reading.  I rarely lock my unit at night, so that's not what's =
causing the drainage in my particular unit.  Anyway, when I woke up on =
Saturday morning, I could hear these very strange sounds coming from the =
headphones that were attached to the BookPort.  I can't describe it very =
well except to say there were squeaks, squeals, ululations, and lots of =
other indefinable electronic noise.  I hadn't pressed any keys to make =
this happen, and the unit didn't respond at all when I did press keys.  =
I changed the batteries and all was well.

I'm curious to see if this happens again tonight or tomorrow, as well as =
how long it will take to run down this set of batteries.  I'll be back =
with a report tomorrow.  <Grin>

Sarah