[bookport] Re: Battery drainage and Spanish

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:26:28 -0400

It hasn't always been this way. I've noticed it with the last few
Firmware Updates.

Pamela

>>> loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx 04/04/05 04:44AM >>>
Here's something else for beta testers to consider.  I can't check this
as
i'm still using beta 20.  At least on my unit, if I wait for the
double
beeps and let it power down completely, there is a soft pop heard when
press a key to resume reading.  If, however, I pause and resume before
the
double beeps, there is no pop as the unit is already powered up.  I'm
wondering if the 21 and 22 users are still hearing this pop.  Of
course, I'm
guessing at some things.  first, I'm guessing that this is a feature of
all
units.  Secondly, I'm guessing that the pop represents the whole unit
powering up and not just the audio circuitry.  It's possible that
although
the audio circuitry shuts down as it should something else in the unit
is
remaining on.  This is a question for APH and/or Springer.  Lou