[blotslauget] Re: SV: Re: Conan around the corner

  • From: Marius Vasaasen <jack_trades2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blotslauget@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:37:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

In general this looks pretty awesome to me, watercooled and all :)
I'm no big expert but a couple comments/questions:

PSU:
Do you need the full 1000w ? If not, how loud is this psu ? Mists psus are
known for being stable and trustworthy, but if you don't need that much juice
I'd consider one with lower output.(you might need it for this top-end setup
though, I dunno)

OS:
Although SP1 has finally come for Vista, I'm still hearing quite a bit of
complaints about the 64 bit version and compatability. I'd consider going for
the 32 bit version instead. If you're not lucky with your setup, even the 32
bits version still has it's fair share of flaws.

Planning to build it yourself ?

Marius